Malta’s new Permanent Residency Programme (MPRP) has fast become a popular choice with Golden Visa investors since it was remodelled in March 2021. The new programme offers one of the most cost-effective and quickest routes to gain permanent residency in a key EU country.
This MPRP programme is the ideal solution for an individual or family looking for a second residency visa which will enhance their visa-free access and links to the EU, or simply as a ”Plan B” solution. Likewise, it is a great option for those looking to relocate and specifically live in Malta, gaining access to the country’s fantastic education system, world-class healthcare facilities and enjoy the benefits of a Mediterranean lifestyle. The programme offers Permanent Residency straight away, as opposed to just a temporary residency permit which many of the other EU Golden Visa programmes offer initially.
A Permanent Residency visa in Malta could eventually lead to citizenship, however, the terms for this are extremely stringent and the process could take many years through this route and full-time residency would also be required. If EU Citizenship is your end goal then you may wish to consider a programme with a more flexible and clearer cut path to Citizenship such as Portugal. Alternatively, if you have a larger budget then you could consider the direct Malta Citizenship by Investment programme (MEIN) which requires a minimum investment of €690,000, plus fees.
MPRP – MALTA INVESTMENT VISA BREAKDOWN
- Government contribution of €98,000
- Mandatory charitable donation to a Maltese registered NGO of €2,000
- Enter a five-year property rental agreement for a minimum of €10,000 p.a.
- Legal and Processing Fee €30,000
Total Cost €180,000
BENEFITS OF MALTA PERMANENT RESIDENCY
- Life-long permanent residency;
- Spouse, dependent children, dependent parents (no age restrictions) can all be included;
- No minimum stay requirements;
- No tax obligations for non-residents;
- Permitted to reside permanently in Malta;
- Visa-free travel to all countries in the EU Schengen zone;
- Applications approved within 3-4 months;
- Permitted to live and work in Malta, and to buy property as a Maltese resident;
- University studies in Malta can be free of charge;
- Access to leading Healthcare facilities
It is important to note that all applicants must have a clean criminal past and a net worth of €500,000. Contact La Vida’s experts today for more detailed information and find out if you meet the criteria for Malta’s Permanent Residency Programme.
From €500,000 + costs
Private Equity investment
EU Schengen Zone Travel
Apply Citizenship 5 years
Full Family Residency
No Requirement to Reside
Visa Free Travel