Armenia Citizenship by Investment
Armenia’s new Citizenship by Investment draft proposal lists eleven different investment routes that may allow foreign nationals to apply for Armenian Citizenship. To qualify for the programme investors must make a significant contribution to Armenia’s economy, science, education, culture, health and sports fields, starting from a minimum of $150,000. Below is a list of the various investment routes that the Armenian Government has proposed:
- Gratuitous provision of funds in the amount of at least 150,000 US dollars for the purpose of supplementing the inviolable capital of a foundation established to carry out activities in the field of education or science.
- Investment in the charter capital (acquisition of shares) of a commercial organization in the amount of at least 150,000 USD for a period of at least 10 years,
- Acquisition of government bonds in the amount of at least 150,000 US dollars, for a period of at least 7 years,
- Acquisition of real estate in the amount of at least 150,000 US dollars, for a period of at least 10 years, with a cadastral value approximated to the market value of the real estate,
- Investment in any investment fund (approved by the state) in the amount equivalent to at least 150,000 US dollars, for a period of at least 10 years,
- Establishment of a company in the field of high and/or information technologies with a capitalization equal to AMD 1 million dollars or more in the Republic of Armenia, provided that the centre of vital interests of the founder is located in the Republic of Armenia,
- Establishment of a branch in the Republic of Armenia of a foreign information technology company with a capitalization equal to AMD 100 million or more, which has 500 or more employees in the Republic of Armenia,
- Establishment of a venture fund equivalent to AMD 80 million dollars or more in the Republic of Armenia,
- Financial investment of AMD equivalent to 100 thousand dollars and more in high-tech companies or venture funds,
- Having 20 or more years of work experience in high and (or) information technology companies listed on the New York, Frankfurt or London stock exchanges,
- long-term (not less than 5 years) active cooperation in the international structures of the postal sector, as well as making financial, material and technical investments in the field, in the amount of AMD equivalent to at least 250 thousand dollars.
The programme is not yet live but the Armenian Government are set to make a decision on the final details of the programme at the end of October 2022.
For more details on Armenia’s Investor Visa options, please contact one of our expert consultants.